Summer is here and we suggest that instead of reading novels at the beach, you take your laptop, iPad or blackberry and get educated about life issues online!
Too many Kansas public policy issues are grounded in bad science and twisted polling, notably Obamacare and some Kansas legislative proposals. So KFL started this blog to add details to news events before they fly by, and to provide analysis with live links for in-depth information.
But while this blog emphasizes pro-life news that involves or affects Kansans, we encourage readers to keep abreast of other pro-life events and commentary. Start every weekday with Lifenews.com (top of our right-hand column) to learn what events on the national pro-life scene alarm– or inspire– you. Lifenews has a helpful and comprehensive search engine.
Our blogroll (on the lower right) is worth regular browsing:
- Dr. David Prentice, at the Family research Council, has practically single-handedly spearheaded the scientific community’s defense against human cloning, embryonic destruction and unethical experimentation. His blog explains and promotes life-changing adult stem cell treatments and provides sane and accurate commentary on over-hyped bio-science developments.
- Fr. Frank Pavone is director of Priests for Life, as well as other interdenominational and interracial pro-life ministries. He advises the post -abortion Rachel’s Vineyard and Silent No More programs. His comments are insightful, interesting and short enough to share with your friends, family and pastor.
- Jill Stanek, with contacts across the nation and a weekly column, provides reliable back-stories and context for daily pro-life developments.
- The director of the Kansas Catholic Conference, Michael Schuttloffel, brings his wit and experience from the Hill to pro-life issues in this blog.
- Lifesite news is another comprehensive Monday-Friday pro-life journal that also covers pro-family issues and particularly exposes Catholic “renegades.”
- National Right to Life is the homepage for our parent group, monitoring and developing legislation against abortion, cloning, infanticide and euthanasia. It is a wealth of information, and includes Congressional alerts.
- National Right to Life News includes “news and views” Monday -Friday from both an in-depth and personal perspective.
- The Robert Powell Center for Medical Ethics blog is the newest NRLC entry, skewering rationing and other end-of-life dangers in Obamacare.
- Secondhand Smoke is the blog of ethicist and esteemed writer, Wesley Smith, focused on bio-science and threats to human dignity. (The graphics alone are worth checking everyday!)
Your comments about our KFL blog posts are always welcome and we Facebook and tweet every posting. Please “like” us on Facebook at Kansans for Life (our main education/legislation voice) and KFL PAC (our political voice.) Then share the posts with your Facebook friends, and suggest they “like” us too.
Also please follow us on twitter@kansansforlife and retweet our tweets. Whenever you enjoy a particular article on any of the blogs we’ve suggested here, tweet and Facebook them, too.
Thanks for getting better educated on life! For additional info about us, see our home web page at http://www.kfl.org