President Obama has unveiled his “healthcare” proposal –which is more life-threatening than the Christmas-Eve-passed Senate plan– and designed to be rammed through Congress.
Contact your Congressman and Senators in Washington, D.C to kill this legislation, which will allow direct federal funding of elective abortion and restriction of life-sustaining care for the poor and elderly. Call 1-202-224 (or 225) – 3121. Or put your zip code in at www.nrlc.org and follow directions.
According to the top analysts of our parent group, the National Right to Life Committee, the resulting legislation would:
- allow direct federal funding of abortion on demand through Community Health Centers;
- institute federal subsidies for private health plans that cover abortion on demand (including some federally administered plans);
- authorize federal mandates that would require even non-subsidized private plans to cover elective abortion;
- take away from America’s senior citizens their current right to add their own money on top of the government Medicare contribution to get health insurance less likely to deny treatment;
- cut the government contribution to Medicare by hundreds of billions of dollars.